04 Sep September 7, 2017 – Founder of USA Network & Sci Fi Channel and CEO of Wirkn
“The audio file was removed when we switched hosts. Sorry. The cost was prohibitive. If you need the file, contact us and we will send it.”
A Greatest Hits Show!
Kay Koplovitz – Chairman of Koplovitz & Co, Founder of USA Network & Sci Fi Channel and Author of Been There, Run That
Kay Koplovitz …..
- used geosynchronous orbiting satellites to broadcast the Thrilla in Manila between Ali and Frazier,
- launched the first satellite delivered basic cable network, USA Network,
- created the two revenue stream model – advertising and licensing – that still exists today,
- built USA into the #1 ranking in prime time viewership among cable networks, for 13 consecutive years,
- sold it in 1998 for $4.5 Billion and became a publicly listed company,
- Today, she is Chairman of Springboard Enterprises, the nation’s premier platform for connecting women with venture capital,
- helped 481 companies raise over $5.5 billion in new capital.
Derek Szeto – CEO of Wirkn
Derek Szeto ….
- is CEO and Founder of Wirkn, a mobile app for Apple iOS devices,
- helps job seekers find job opportunities around them.
- was also founder of RedFlagDeals.com, which was acquired by the Yellow Pages Group in 2010,
- is the Entrepreneur In Residence at Kinetic Café.