04 Sep September 7, 2017 – Founder of USA Network & Sci Fi Channel and CEO of Wirkn
Posted at 05:22h in SFS Radio
A Greatest Hits Show!
Kay Koplovitz – Chairman of Koplovitz & Co, Founder of USA Network & Sci Fi Channel and Author of Been There, Run That
Kay Koplovitz …..
- used geosynchronous orbiting satellites to broadcast the Thrilla in Manila between Ali and Frazier,
- launched the first satellite delivered basic cable network, USA Network,
- created the two revenue stream model – advertising and licensing – that still exists today,
- built USA into the #1 ranking in prime time viewership among cable networks, for 13 consecutive years,
- sold it in 1998 for $4.5 Billion and became a publicly listed company,
- Today, she is Chairman of Springboard Enterprises, the nation’s premier platform for connecting women with venture capital,
- helped 481 companies raise over $5.5 billion in new capital.
Derek Szeto – CEO of Wirkn
Derek Szeto ….
- is CEO and Founder of Wirkn, a mobile app for Apple iOS devices,
- helps job seekers find job opportunities around them.
- was also founder of RedFlagDeals.com, which was acquired by the Yellow Pages Group in 2010,
- is the Entrepreneur In Residence at Kinetic Café.