Guest: Joe Turner of Turner Magic
Joe Turner is the “Chief Impossibility Officer” of Turner Magic and Keynotes, which he founded in 2000. He uses the illusion arts of mentalism and sleight-of-hand magic to create unforgettable keynotes, marketing events, and entertainment programs for audiences all over America. He has performed at the off-Broadway at Monday Night Magic in New York, Hollywood Magic Castle, the Tropicana Atlantic City, and even at the London Palladium. He has been seen on Good Morning America, CNN HLN, Nightline, and numerous other broadcasts.
He combines his background in human performance improvement with a world-class entertainment skill-set to create unique programs. His first book, High JOEltage!, was released last year and contains a selection of stories and insights for improving your personal or professional brand. He is at work on his next book, 5 Kinds of Amazing!, which is based on his current keynote program and outlines a model for creating amazing experiences for your brand’s audience.
I loved this interview and highly recommend everyone listen to it, whether you want to be a professional speaker or not.
Some of the topics we covered:
- Joe’s 4 steps in building a speaking career,
- Identify a problem
- Create a credible solution
- Present to an audience that want to hear
- In a way they like
- the 5 types of amazing, (magic experience/business competency),
- Talent – Expertise (highly developed skill, deep knowledge)
- Science – Process (natural laws with a surprise)
- Magic – Empowerment (breaking the laws/process)
- Telepathy – Communication (how close can you get to mindreading)
- Predictions – Trendspotting (anticipating/creating the future)
- how those magic skills amaze and how that can help you in business,
- Business Model Generation is the book that discusses the Cirque de Soleil business model,
- and Apple packaging.
And watch the video here!